Personal Trainer, Certificate of Technology
The San Jacinto College Personal Trainer program utilizes a curriculum that is nationally recognized.
At San Jacinto College, you can depend on classes that get you results. Our professional instructors have the experience and knowledge needed to teach and motivate students who are seeking a healthy life-style and want to help others do the same. Many of those with personal trainer certifications do not have a business plan or adequate skills to work with clients. Our program provides hands-on training and education for students looking to become personal trainers through the study of scientific principles, methodologies, and research applied to exercise and fitness. They also gain experience in marketing, health promotion, and current business practices from those working in the industry. Upon completion of the program requirements, students earn a Certificate of Technology credential and are thoroughly prepared to take a nationally recognized personal trainer certification exam.
The Personal Trainer certificate program:
- Builds a strong background in the areas of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, healthy lifestyle, safety, psychology, and health promotion;
- Develops a strong business model by offering information about best practices, professional ethics, marketing, record keeping, and communication; and
- Prepares students to take any of the nationally recognized certification exams.
Learn from Top-rated Instructors
We know that you have choices when it comes to personal trainer certification programs, so why choose San Jacinto College? We offer the very best hands-on approach to becoming a personal trainer. We have the latest in industry equipment and our instructors are leaders in their fields. Finding what works for you means that you need a place where you can receive personal instruction in the knowledge and skills to become a successful personal trainer. We are that place!
Do You Have What It Takes to Be a Personal Trainer?
- Do you have a passion for fitness?
- Do you enjoy learning about exercise?
- Can you motivate others?
- Do you have customer service skills?
- Are you a good listener?
- Do you have problem-solving skills?
- Are you a good communicator?
- The Personal Trainer profession has a projected 13 percent increase in jobs through the year 2022.
- As baby boomers age, jobs for fitness trainers and instructors are expected to rise in fitness centers.
- Obesity in young people and general overall health issues are causing a need for more fitness trainers.
- Classes such as yoga and Pilates are expected to continue to increase due to older adults wanting relief from stress, arthritis, and other health issues.
- Business and government are recognizing the benefits for employees to be active, with more incentives being offered to join gyms.
Personal trainer: $46,8681 per year
Source: www.texaswages.com, median salary Gulf Coast region, 2020
For more information, students may contact 281-998-6150, x3350 or send an email to email@example.com.
The purpose of the Personal Trainer program is to prepare graduates to work in the field of personal training. Individuals with these credentials are a vital component in the fitness industry. Graduates of the Personal Trainer program will have a strong background in the appropriate personal training anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics, health and safety, and wellness/lifestyle changes areas. They will have industry knowledge in business practices, professional ethics, marketing, and proper record keeping.
Students enrolling into San Jacinto College programs with external learning experiences (i.e., clinical, practicum, externship, cooperative, etc.) will be required to comply with the immunization requirements and policies of the clinical/external learning sites to engage in all clinical/external learning experiences. Vaccination requirements at clinical/external learning sites are implemented pursuant to the independent authority of such facilities and are not mandated by San Jacinto College. Failure to meet the immunization requirements mandated by clinical/external learning sites may limit a student’s ability to complete the program and/or may delay the student’s graduation date. San Jacinto College does not process exemptions, and students should address potential vaccination exemptions directly with the clinical/external learning site.
Plan of Study
|FITT 1237||Personal Training||2|
|FITT 2413||Exercise Science||4|
|FITT 2301||Lifestyle Change for Wellness||3|
|FITT 1301||Fitness and Exercise Testing||3|
|FITT 2309||Theory of Exercise Program Design and Instruction||3|
|FITT 2471||Kinesiology and Biomechanics||4|
|FITT 1303||Fitness Event Planning and Promotion||3|
|FITT 2311||Prevention and Care of Exercise Injury||3|
|FITT 1164||Practicum for Personal Trainer||1|
Capstone Experience: FITT 1164 Practicum for Personal Trainer
Eligible for any nationally recognized personal trainer credentialing exam.