Dual Credit/Early Admission
Students who are enrolled in high school may be conditionally admitted to the College on a dual credit/early admission basis for concurrent enrollment if they:
- submit an admission application
- submit a signed enrollment form from their high school principal or designee
- submit test scores to meet the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) testing requirements
- submit proof of meeting the Texas meningitis requirements
- Students enrolling in a degree program must meet the TSI assessment requirements. Students may be exempt from the TSI assessment based on the exemptions listed in the TSI section of the catalog. If the student seeks enrollment in a course requiring a designated skill prerequisite, the student must submit a passing TSI score or applicable exemption/waiver on the section that relates to the designated skill prerequisite.
- Students are also eligible to enroll in College courses for dual credit according to the following rules:
Courses that require reading/writing TSI complete:
- If the student achieves a Level 2 final recommended score (4000+), as defined by the Texas Education Agency (TEA), on the English II State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness End of Course (STAAR EOC); or
- If the student achieves a composite score of 23 on the ACT-PLAN with a 19 or higher in English or an English score of 435 on the ACT-Aspire.
Courses that require mathematics TSI complete:
- If the student achieves a Level 2 final recommended score (4000+), as defined by TEA, on the Algebra I STAAR EOC and a passing grade (defined as 70 or higher) in the Algebra II course; or
- If the student achieves a composite score of 23 on the ACT-PLAN with a 19 or higher in mathematics or a mathematics score of 431 on the ACT-Aspire.
These students are also subject to the following guidelines in the Conditions of Dual Credit/Early Admission Enrollment for High School Students section.
Conditions of Dual Credit/Early Admission Enrollment for High School Students
High school students may be admitted for dual credit/early admission enrollment under the following conditions:
- To continue enrollment in college-level classes, students must meet the current academic standing rules of San Jacinto College. Students may refer to the Academic Probation and Suspension Table in this catalog.
- Students may not enroll in courses for which they have not complied with TSI or met the course or skill prerequisites.
- The College will release official transcripts of students admitted on a dual credit or an early admission basis through their expected graduation date. After that date, students must submit the final high school transcript indicating graduation before the College releases additional official transcripts.
- Because any form of early admission is conditional, the College may impose additional limitations and requirements.
Information on other dual credit programs is available on each of the San Jacinto College campuses in the dual credit offices. Students may refer to the College website dual credit pages.