San Jacinto College uses SJC AlertMe to distribute emergency notifications via email, voice, text messages, app push notifications, desktop and screen takeovers, digital signage, and tickers. SJC AlertMe was created in partnership with Rave Mobile Safety so you can receive important notifications during College or campus emergencies.
With SJC AlertMe you can:
- Receive alerts at up to three emails and three phone numbers (great for letting family members know about emergencies on campus!)
- Select the campuses about which you want to receive alerts
- Update your default language
To receive email, voice, and text messages:
- Current San Jac students, faculty, and staff: Alert Me
- Community members: Sign up here
- In addition, you can download the Rave Mobile Safety Guardian App from your app store and sign up to receive push notifications. Use your San Jacinto College credentials to sign in to the Guardian App and to set up your notification preferences.
SJC AlertMe will be activated when the College determines that a threat exists and the College community must take immediate action to remain safe and secure. During such incidents, SJC AlertMe will be the mechanism utilized to send out updates and revised instructions as needed and notifications when the situation has resolved. The system will also be used to announce an unscheduled College and/or campus closing, or cancellation of classes due to situations such as severe weather. Users may visit Alert Me for more information.