Technology Expectations for Students
Courses at San Jacinto College will require the use of some or all of the following:
- Computer with Internet access (computers are available on campus for students at campus libraries);
- A San Jacinto College email address;
- Blackboard learning management system;
- Productivity software: word processor, presentation tools, spreadsheet, etc.;
- Windows Media Player;
- Adobe Acrobat Reader; and
- Web camera and microphone for online on a schedule classes and to support proctored assessments for online courses as required by the faculty.
In addition to the recommended software listed, some courses might require the use of additional software. Check the course syllabus to determine what software you may need to access. Students can view the supported browsers and plug-ins that are certified with Blackboard by visiting https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Student/Getting_Started/Browser_Support. Students taking exams in the Blackboard system should make arrangements to test on a machine using a hardwired Internet connection to avoid being dropped due to loss of network access during the test.
Students requesting technology assistance may visit https://www.sanjacits.org/technology-access-programs.
Recording by Students
The College prohibits students from engaging in inappropriate or unauthorized use of electronic recording devices such as cell phones, cameras, audio/tape recorders, video recorders, electronic tablets, and any other electronic or mechanical devices/systems that are capable of recording audio, human voices, images, or video. For more information about processes, restrictions, and permitted electronic recordings, see the College website for the associated policy and procedure.